Monday, April 02, 2007

Returning the favor.

Remember how my mom was my first inspiration to start knitting? Well, this weekend I returned the favor.


We were sitting around the table, eating massive amounts of goat cheese -- this happens every time my mom visits, and that's fine with me. Katie was painting, and I was finishing up Jeffery's Shedir. (for the third time. don't ask.) And then mom got the itch. She kept staring at my hands until finally I said "you know, i have plenty of yarn. you want some?".



It's been years, I think, and it took her a few minutes to get back in the swing of things, but she was obviously pretty thrilled.

Here's the crazy part though:



She's a thrower.

She's the one who taught me to knit, and when I picked it back up (many times, one of which stuck), it was all from memory -- no friends, no books, no websites. So how, and when, did I turn out all continental-like?

No comments: